SPOT Connect Smartphone Satellite CommunicatorNo cell signal? No problem! Turn your smartphone into a satellite communicator with SPOT Connect.
Today's smartphones provide a level of social connection far beyond what we imagined just a few years ago. But when you go beyond the reach of the grid, your smartphone needs the help of SPOT Connect to keep you in touch with friends, family, and emergency personnel. Simply pair your smartphone with SPOT Connect, and get connected to a global satellite network that lets you send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet. Update Twitter and Facebook. Send email and text messages. Request non-emergency help from professional service providers. And in the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance.
SPOT Connect allows you to send messages from remote locations all over the world or even the park down the street that has a gap in cell phone coverage.How It Works:
- Download the SPOT app and pair your Smartphone with SPOT Connect via Bluetooth
- SPOT Connect links your Smartphone to communication satellites
- Your Smartphone is now a satellite communicator
- Update Twitter and Facebook
- Send short email messages
- Send text messages
- Send your GPS coordinates and emergency message to GEOS
Activate the SOS mode to begin sending your GPS location to the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC). Add a custom message to update responders of your condition. The IERCC alerts the appropriate agencies worldwide - for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe. Help:
Use the Help mode to send either custom Type & Send or Predefined messages to recipients in your contact list for non-life threatening assistance.Check-in/OK:
Use Check-in/OK mode to send your messages and your location to friends and family. These messages can also be simultaneously sent to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventures account.Tracking:
Start/stop tracking at any time using the SPOT Connect App. (Additional service required). You can also mark a Reference Point or send Check-in/OK messages from specific locations while in Track Progress mode. Type & Send
Use SPOT Connect to send custom email and text messages via satellites to your contacts. Create up to 41 character SOS, Help and Check-in/OK messages. Messages will be sent directly to the contact groups you select via email or SMS. You can even post custom messages on Twitter and Facebook. If you encounter problems, you can send custom SOS messages describing your situation, with your GPS position included.Social Networks:
Don't lose the connection to your social networks when you venture off the cellular grid. SPOT Connect with the basic service package enables you to send Predefined messages to your favorite social destinations. The Type & Send function allows you to create short custom messages in the field, which you can send to social destinations or specific contacts via email or text message. SPOT Assist
SPOT Assist allows you to notify third-party towing professionals of your request for assistance on land or water. (Additional service required).
- SPOT Assist Roadside - Get 24/7 satellite-based roadside assistance at the touch of a button, even where cell phones are unreliable
- SPOT Assist Maritime - SPOT Assist Maritime offers a direct link to North America's largest 24-hour on-the-water towing service
*Additional charges apply for Type & Send and Track Progress service plans.Specifications:
- Send messages from virtually anywhere via satellite
- Type & Send message (41 character) or Predefined message (120 character) options*
- Track Progress on Google Maps or SPOT Adventures page*
- Integrates with SPOTadventures.com and popular social destinations
- Smartphone app for operation and detailed status
- On device SOS button for standalone emergency operation
- Size: 3" x 2.6" x 1.2" (7.6 cm x 6.6 cm x 3.2 cm)
- Weight: 4.9 oz (with batteries)
- GPS Lat./Lon. datum format: WGS-84
- Operating Environment: Operating temperatures: -13°F to +140°F (-25°C to +60°C)
- Altitude: -328 ft to 21,325 ft (-100 m to +6500 m)
- IPX7 Waterproof: Up to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- Bluetooth range ~30 feet
- Certifications: FCC, IC, WEEE, SAR, RoHS, CE
- Satellite Technology: GPS accuracy: 32.8 ft (10 m) location accuracy
- Commercial satellites (LEO): 1610-1620 MHz L-band frequency
- Visibility: 1 - 4 at any one time
- Multiple satellite constellation for fast signal detection
- Battery Type: 2-AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium 8X (L91)
We are pleased to announce our new shipping promotions below. These rates apply to your entire order*!
||6 to 10 Business Days
||1-6 Business Days
|3 Day Shipping
||3 Business Days
|2 Day Shipping
||2 Business Days
|1 Day Shipping
||1 Business Day
*These offers apply to in-stock orders to the lower 48 states only. We cannot include shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or any other US Territory. Please call or email us for rates to these locations. Oversized packages are also excluded for 3, 2, and next day shipping. Items that are shipped freight are also excluded. Because we have many different warehouses around the United States we reserve the right to choose the carrier. Signature service can be requested for $3 extra.
We speak French, German, and Italian!
Please use the shipping calculator for an accurate shipping quote.
We ship via DHL International and USPS. Shipping insurance is optional but recommended and costs $5 for all international orders. Items that can fit in a flat rate envelope are shipped via flat rate service. Please keep in mind that USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail does not include detailed tracking and is not covered by insurance to certain countries. For a list of these countries please email us.
International order processing takes approx. 3-5 business days.
Many countries impose their own customs, duties, tariffs, taxes, etc... on items imported from the USA. We do not cover those costs.
The shipping transit times are approx. as follow:
|DHL International Economy:
||5-7 business days (trackable)
|USPS Express (EMS) Mail:
||1-2 weeks (trackable)
|USPS Global Priority Mail:
||2-3 weeks, (trackable)
|USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail:
||4-5 weeks (not trackable)