HRC10 Horizontal Rope Chain Windlass - 12V No Capstan 3/8" Chain, 5/8" Rope
Maxwell's HRC10 represents yet another breakthrough in performance and anchor handling excellence. The horizontal, fully automatic rope/chain windlass has been designed to meet the demands for use on larger vessels up to 16 meters (52'), which require a completely above deck installation system.
The HRC10 handles 5/8" rope and 3/8" chain, including the thick rope to chain splice. The modern appearance of the HRC10 retains the classic good looks of previous Maxwell horizontal windlasses, while incorporating design features years ahead of its competitors.
The HRC10 windlass is fitted with Maxwell's unique Wave Design chainwheel. The rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval.
As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a 'wave pattern' action that is far superior to the traditional 'jam cleat' manner of holding the rope. Not only does this Wave Design hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode.Features:
- Aesthetically pleasing above deck design, evolved from the philosophy of form follows function, encapsulates the motor and drive in a two part watertight case, saving space below deck
- 2-part case consists of a die cast, marine-grade hard anodised alloy front section and a rugged and easily removable composite motor cover aft section
- 2-piece watertight case allows for quick and easy, on-deck, routine maintenance
- Simple "bolt down" installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and set up
- Stainless steel pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure on the rode (rope, splice or chain)
- Wave Design chainwheel is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences, within the specified chain size diameters
- Unique Maxwell "wrap around" horizontal chainwheel ensures that more than 90° of the wheel is used, allowing greatly improved rope and chain handling compared with competitor designs
- The HRC10 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes for those who desire the added security and holding power of an all-chain anchor system
- The integral chain pipe and huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, "free fall" anchoring and emergency crank recovery of the rode and anchor if required
- The sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and wormwheel
We are pleased to announce our new shipping promotions below. These rates apply to your entire order*!
||6 to 10 Business Days
||1-6 Business Days
|3 Day Shipping
||3 Business Days
|2 Day Shipping
||2 Business Days
|1 Day Shipping
||1 Business Day
*These offers apply to in-stock orders to the lower 48 states only. We cannot include shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or any other US Territory. Please call or email us for rates to these locations. Oversized packages are also excluded for 3, 2, and next day shipping. Items that are shipped freight are also excluded. Because we have many different warehouses around the United States we reserve the right to choose the carrier. Signature service can be requested for $3 extra.
We speak French, German, and Italian!
Please use the shipping calculator for an accurate shipping quote.
We ship via DHL International and USPS. Shipping insurance is optional but recommended and costs $5 for all international orders. Items that can fit in a flat rate envelope are shipped via flat rate service. Please keep in mind that USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail does not include detailed tracking and is not covered by insurance to certain countries. For a list of these countries please email us.
International order processing takes approx. 3-5 business days.
Many countries impose their own customs, duties, tariffs, taxes, etc... on items imported from the USA. We do not cover those costs.
The shipping transit times are approx. as follow:
|DHL International Economy:
||5-7 business days (trackable)
|USPS Express (EMS) Mail:
||1-2 weeks (trackable)
|USPS Global Priority Mail:
||2-3 weeks, (trackable)
|USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail:
||4-5 weeks (not trackable)