The FA30 Automatic Identification System (AIS) Receiver provides real-time information about AIS-equipped vessels to your NavNet vx2, AIS-ready chart plotter, navigation software or radar. The information is graphically presented allowing you to monitor and avoid AIS equipped vessels in your area. The information that the FA30 receives includes the vessel name and call sign, position, course, speed over ground, and other useful information. Since AIS targets can be received even if they are not within line of sight, the FA30 enhances situational awareness in congested waterways, limited visibility or heavy sea conditions, and gives the navigator much more information about AIS equipped vessels.
The FA30 has an Ethernet and a serial port. This provides simple and easy connection by Ethernet to Navnet VX2 and NavNet 3D systems, MaxSea NavNet Navigation software, and the MaxSea AIS viewer PC software that is included with the FA30. AIS capable radar, chart plotters and Non-Navnet versions of MaxSea are interfaced through the FA-30 serial port. The FA-30 will work with virtually any marine VHF antenna. An optional VHF signal splitter is offered to allow the FA-30 to work with an existing VHF radio antenna installation. Standard Features:
- Enhances safe navigation by receiving critical navigation information from local AIS-equipped vessels
- Vastly improves situational awareness in any weather conditions including dense fog, darkness, and congested waterways
- Dual parallel channel, Full Duplex receiver design receives AIS contact messages up to 100% more frequently than Multiplexing receivers
- High sensitivity, synthesized receiver automatically switches between international and local AIS channels
- Optional amplified VHF splitter allows the use of a single antenna for VHF radio and AIS Receiver
- Network output to NavNet 3D/vx2 and PCs for added redundancy and installation flexibility
- Serial Output for integration with various radar and chart plotter systems
- AIS Viewer Software included for on-board PC or land based installations
- Bulkhead mounting and low power, flexible DC input voltage design for simplified installations
- Receives dual frequencies from 156.025MHz to 162.025MHz
- Static Data:
- MMSI (Maritime Mobile Service Identity)
- IMO number
- Ship's name
- Call sign
- Length and beam
- Type of ship
- Location of position-fixing antenna on the ship
- Dynamic Data:
- Coordinated universal time (UTC)
- Course over ground (COG)
- Speed over ground (SOG)
- Navigation status*
- Voyage Related Data:
- Ship's draft*
- Hazardous cargo
- Destination and ETA*
- Safety-related messages
- LED display
- Serial data output
We are pleased to announce our new shipping promotions below. These rates apply to your entire order*!
||6 to 10 Business Days
||1-6 Business Days
|3 Day Shipping
||3 Business Days
|2 Day Shipping
||2 Business Days
|1 Day Shipping
||1 Business Day
*These offers apply to in-stock orders to the lower 48 states only. We cannot include shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or any other US Territory. Please call or email us for rates to these locations. Oversized packages are also excluded for 3, 2, and next day shipping. Items that are shipped freight are also excluded. Because we have many different warehouses around the United States we reserve the right to choose the carrier. Signature service can be requested for $3 extra.
We speak French, German, and Italian!
Please use the shipping calculator for an accurate shipping quote.
We ship via DHL International and USPS. Shipping insurance is optional but recommended and costs $5 for all international orders. Items that can fit in a flat rate envelope are shipped via flat rate service. Please keep in mind that USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail does not include detailed tracking and is not covered by insurance to certain countries. For a list of these countries please email us.
International order processing takes approx. 3-5 business days.
Many countries impose their own customs, duties, tariffs, taxes, etc... on items imported from the USA. We do not cover those costs.
The shipping transit times are approx. as follow:
|DHL International Economy:
||5-7 business days (trackable)
|USPS Express (EMS) Mail:
||1-2 weeks (trackable)
|USPS Global Priority Mail:
||2-3 weeks, (trackable)
|USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail:
||4-5 weeks (not trackable)