We are excited to introduce our second generation Satellite Compass, the SC50, which utilizes Furunos advanced GPS Kinematic technology. Satellite Compass performance is not affected by ships speed, latitude, geomagnetism, etc. This hybrid integration of GPS receiver technology and a 3-axis solid-state rate sensor provide accurate and steady heading information, even when bridges or tall buildings block satellite signals. Unlike conventional magnetic and gyro compasses, accuracy is not affected by G-force or velocity. Furthermore, when compared to other GPS based compass systems incorporating only two antennas, our addition of a third GPS antenna provides enhanced accuracy while reducing the negative effects of pitch, roll, and yaw.
The SC50 offers highly accurate GPS WAAS Data for SOG, COG, ROT, and L/L. Multiple, programmable hi-speed heading data outputs allow you to send this information where you need it, and our unique Analog Pitch and Roll Output can be used to enhance your Furuno Sonar System.
This Satellite Compass is ideal as an alternative to a traditionally expensive and high-maintenance gyrocompass for non-compulsory vessels, as well as being the perfect back up solution to a gyro for a compulsory vessel. The SC50 offers a wide range of applications for providing fast, stable, precision heading information to numerous devices, including: Radar/ARPA, Satellite Communications & TV systems, Autopilots (based upon I/F type), AIS, ECDIS, Scanning Sonar, Chart Plotters, etc. Standard Features
- Newly designed processor unit, providing enhanced accuracy and performance
- Multiple, programmable hi-speed heading data outputs in IEC 61121-1/2(NMEA0183/HS)
- Highly Accurate GPS WAAS Data - SOG, COG, ROT, and L/L
- Unique Analog Pitch and Roll Output for Furuno Sonar Systems
- Heading information for Radar/ARPA, AIS, ECDIS, Scanning Sonar and Chart Plotter
- Typical heading accuracy of 0.8 degrees for SC50
- Tri-antenna system reduces effect of pitching, rolling and yawing
- Short settling time of 3-4 minutes
- Clear 4.5 inch backlit Silver Bright LCD
- Heading output in NMEA 0183, IEC 61162-1 and AD-10 (25ms update)
- Four display modes: Compass Rose, Steering, Nav Data, Heading Mode
- Follow-up rate of 25 degrees/second
- Works as normal GPS navigator
- 12 discrete channels
- No mechanical parts such as gimbals or rotating meter, making compass free from routine maintenance
- IMO MSC.116(73) Type Approved as a verified THD -Transmitting Heading Device
We are pleased to announce our new shipping promotions below. These rates apply to your entire order*!
||6 to 10 Business Days
||1-6 Business Days
|3 Day Shipping
||3 Business Days
|2 Day Shipping
||2 Business Days
|1 Day Shipping
||1 Business Day
*These offers apply to in-stock orders to the lower 48 states only. We cannot include shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or any other US Territory. Please call or email us for rates to these locations. Oversized packages are also excluded for 3, 2, and next day shipping. Items that are shipped freight are also excluded. Because we have many different warehouses around the United States we reserve the right to choose the carrier. Signature service can be requested for $3 extra.
We speak French, German, and Italian!
Please use the shipping calculator for an accurate shipping quote.
We ship via DHL International and USPS. Shipping insurance is optional but recommended and costs $5 for all international orders. Items that can fit in a flat rate envelope are shipped via flat rate service. Please keep in mind that USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail does not include detailed tracking and is not covered by insurance to certain countries. For a list of these countries please email us.
International order processing takes approx. 3-5 business days.
Many countries impose their own customs, duties, tariffs, taxes, etc... on items imported from the USA. We do not cover those costs.
The shipping transit times are approx. as follow:
|DHL International Economy:
||5-7 business days (trackable)
|USPS Express (EMS) Mail:
||1-2 weeks (trackable)
|USPS Global Priority Mail:
||2-3 weeks, (trackable)
|USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail:
||4-5 weeks (not trackable)