GSP-1700 Mobile Satellite Phone
The portable GSP-1700 is the smallest and lightest satellite phone from Globalstar, that increases the efficiency and profitability of companies, and the well-being of individuals and entire communities. The Globalstar GSP-1700 communicates via satellite providing the best voice quality and the fastest handheld data speeds in mobile satellite today.
Companies can affordably and productively manage their business directly from the remote worksite instead of spending costly travel time to reach areas that are covered by cellular service. Call suppliers and business partners to arrange shipments and provide updates from the field or use the Globalstar Data Kit (available separately) to send key information via email or Internet to the head office.Loaded with Features
- Compact and light weight. Weighing only 7 oz. the GSP-1700 packs easy for traveling
- Long-life battery: 4 hours of talk time, 36 hours on standby mode
- Optimized for outside daytime viewing: Backlit color display with 4-line 12-character LCD
- Illuminated keypad: Easy to see keypad when lighting is inadequate
- Coverage far beyond cellular range: Improve productivity and safety when working, traveling or visiting remote areas
- CDMA technology for optimal voice clarity
- Price Plan options tailored to your calling needs, including monthly or annual plans for seasonal users
- Global roaming: Use the GSP-1700 in 120 countries worldwide
- Integrates with optional GSP-1700 Portable Docking Kit, or GIK-1700 Vehicle/Marine kit
- Optional weather proof enclosure for external antenna also available for use in salt water environments
Data Network and Services
- Comes standard with U.S. based telephone number. No international charges
- Simple emergency calling
- Automatic international roaming
- Easy access to SMS and voicemail, with user configurable new message alert
- Standard 2.5 mm jack for connection to a noise-cancelling headset, vehicle/marine kit handset, or Bluetooth module
- User configurable ringtones (8)
- USB data cable (sold separately)
- Fastest data speeds of any mobile satellite telephone network
- Express Data software accelerates speed up to 38Kbps throughput (Uncompressed speed 9.6Kbps)
- Supports Internet access, email and Group 3 analogue fax (with optional Starfax accessory)
- Supports direct TCP/IP and asynchronous data communications
- Easy #777 direct Internet & email access from any of Globalstar's international gateways
- Call Times Tool
- Use the Call Times Tool to find out when you can send and receive calls by simply entering a location address or coordinates from anywhere in the world. Email, save or print out call time reports at http://calltimes.globalstar.com
We are pleased to announce our new shipping promotions below. These rates apply to your entire order*!
||6 to 10 Business Days
||1-6 Business Days
|3 Day Shipping
||3 Business Days
|2 Day Shipping
||2 Business Days
|1 Day Shipping
||1 Business Day
*These offers apply to in-stock orders to the lower 48 states only. We cannot include shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or any other US Territory. Please call or email us for rates to these locations. Oversized packages are also excluded for 3, 2, and next day shipping. Items that are shipped freight are also excluded. Because we have many different warehouses around the United States we reserve the right to choose the carrier. Signature service can be requested for $3 extra.
We speak French, German, and Italian!
Please use the shipping calculator for an accurate shipping quote.
We ship via DHL International and USPS. Shipping insurance is optional but recommended and costs $5 for all international orders. Items that can fit in a flat rate envelope are shipped via flat rate service. Please keep in mind that USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail does not include detailed tracking and is not covered by insurance to certain countries. For a list of these countries please email us.
International order processing takes approx. 3-5 business days.
Many countries impose their own customs, duties, tariffs, taxes, etc... on items imported from the USA. We do not cover those costs.
The shipping transit times are approx. as follow:
|DHL International Economy:
||5-7 business days (trackable)
|USPS Express (EMS) Mail:
||1-2 weeks (trackable)
|USPS Global Priority Mail:
||2-3 weeks, (trackable)
|USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail:
||4-5 weeks (not trackable)