The Boaters Guide to Twin Screw Boat Handling
- Teaches Maneuvers, Docking, Wind & Current, Controls & much more
- Features detailed procedures, thorough explanations, illustrative examples & demonstrations filmed in real time that show what to do and what not to do, in split screen format
An excellent hands-on guide to the basics of twin screw boat handling for twin screw power boats in a variety of different situations. Divided into five sections this program covers: the basics of the controls, maneuvers, docking & undocking in slips, wind & current compensation and engine failure tactics.
This step-by-step approach to the basics of boat handling uses a "hands on" viewing system, which enables you to get a real feel of performing a variety of basic and complicated maneuvers. This format allows you to gain not only the knowledge, but also the experience of handling a twin screw power boat of any size.
Features illustrative examples and demonstrations filmed in real time, that show what to do and what not to do, in split screen, screen on screen format.
Several characteristics influence the control of any vessel. A basic understanding of how each of these characteristics influences boat handling is necessary before you can attain competence in handling a twin-screw vessel. A knowledge of the natural conditions that may also affect your boat's operation and the ordinary problems that can arise are essential to master the skills of twin screw boat operation. DVD Menu: The Basics
Covers all the controls and their positions.
- Steering wheel
- Shift Controls
Demonstrates actual movements and the effects created from using the controls.
- Steering with the wheel
- Spinning the boat using shift controls
- Spinning the boat using shift controls & steering wheel
- Spinning the boat using shift controls, steering wheel & throttle
Shows how to approach and enter a slip or dock and exit from these locations.
Wind & Current
- Safely leaving the dock Returning to the dock
- Approaching the dock
- Pulling up slowly, only using shift controls
- Tying the boat up to the dock: the cleat hitch (coiling the line)
- Remaining in control until boat is secure
- Leaving the dock when in between two boats (fore & aft)
- Returning to dock and "parallel parking" between boats
- Pulling out of a boat slip
- Returning boat to the slip
- "Walking the boat" (making the boat go sideways)
Teaches how to compensate for wind and currents in docking maneuvers.
- Compensating for effects of Wind
- Compensating for effects of current
- Pulling into slip
- Pulling back out of slip
Having an engine go out is one of the major problems for twin screw boats. Learn the proper techniques to maneuver with only one engine.
- What to do when one engine quits on you
- Docking to Port with port engine out
- Docking to Port with starboard engine out
- Fending off, if things don't work out
We are pleased to announce our new shipping promotions below. These rates apply to your entire order*!
||6 to 10 Business Days
||1-6 Business Days
|3 Day Shipping
||3 Business Days
|2 Day Shipping
||2 Business Days
|1 Day Shipping
||1 Business Day
*These offers apply to in-stock orders to the lower 48 states only. We cannot include shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or any other US Territory. Please call or email us for rates to these locations. Oversized packages are also excluded for 3, 2, and next day shipping. Items that are shipped freight are also excluded. Because we have many different warehouses around the United States we reserve the right to choose the carrier. Signature service can be requested for $3 extra.
We speak French, German, and Italian!
Please use the shipping calculator for an accurate shipping quote.
We ship via DHL International and USPS. Shipping insurance is optional but recommended and costs $5 for all international orders. Items that can fit in a flat rate envelope are shipped via flat rate service. Please keep in mind that USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail does not include detailed tracking and is not covered by insurance to certain countries. For a list of these countries please email us.
International order processing takes approx. 3-5 business days.
Many countries impose their own customs, duties, tariffs, taxes, etc... on items imported from the USA. We do not cover those costs.
The shipping transit times are approx. as follow:
|DHL International Economy:
||5-7 business days (trackable)
|USPS Express (EMS) Mail:
||1-2 weeks (trackable)
|USPS Global Priority Mail:
||2-3 weeks, (trackable)
|USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail:
||4-5 weeks (not trackable)