BOATraNET is a truly unique and innovative product that "e-nables" your existing navigation system and creates a dynamic, local intranet for your boat. Imagine having your own automatic website that shows visitors to your boat, all of the most important navigational information and gives them access to the photos, documents and music that you want them to share and enjoy.
BOATraNET integrates with the boat's existing navigation system (Raymarine, Garmin, Furuno, Navico, etc.) via NMEA 0183 and automatically creates animated instrument and navigational displays (web pages) of your data.
It creates a wireless "hotspot" that works with iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch, Android Devices, Smart Phones, Laptops, Windows, LINUX and Mac OS X PCs. Anyone onboard can connect, enter the password you give them, and then using the wireless device's own web browser (no special app required) view the data, even when out at sea without an internet connection.
BOATraNET incorporates a Navionics based chart plotter (with optional embedded Silver Charts), that shows you where you are on the chart, a music player that can play music on your boat's hifi or stream music to your wireless devices, plus photo and document viewers that you control from your wireless device's web browser. Connect BOATraNET to one of Digital Yacht's long range wifi adaptors and when you are in the marina, you can easily connect to the marina's "hot spot" and share the long range Wi-Fi connection, with everyone connected to BOATraNET.
BOATraNET is fully expandable and more functions, features and accessories are planned to be rolled out over the coming months. Software updates, Data and Media files can easily be transferred via USB memory sticks. KEY FEATURES:
- World's first wireless navigation server for boats
- Creates dynamic HTML 5 compliant web pages that can be accessed by anyone on the boat
- New and exciting method for family and friends to access data and media whilst onboard
- Can be accessed by any wireless device with a modern browser - no special apps required
- Works everywhere at sea - no internet connection required
- Optional long range wifi adaptor for shared internet connection in marinas
- 12/24v DC, ultra rugged, fanless hardware that consumes just 1.5A
- Compact - measures just 29.5cm x 22.5cm x 6.2cm
- 2 x NMEA 0183 Ports
- Easy mounting and installation
- All units include a worldwide Base Map
- Can be supplied with optional Navionics Silver continental chart coverage of your region
- Initial BOATraNETs will be compatible with the following systems;
- iPhones, iPads and iTouch units with iOS 3.x or higher
- Macs running Safari V5 or higher
- PCs running Google Chrome
- Google Android V2.3 Devices
295mm x 225mm x 62mm (L x W x H)SUPPLIED WITH:
1m Power/IO cable, Mounting brackets, Wifi Antenna and User Manual
We are pleased to announce our new shipping promotions below. These rates apply to your entire order*!
||6 to 10 Business Days
||1-6 Business Days
|3 Day Shipping
||3 Business Days
|2 Day Shipping
||2 Business Days
|1 Day Shipping
||1 Business Day
*These offers apply to in-stock orders to the lower 48 states only. We cannot include shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or any other US Territory. Please call or email us for rates to these locations. Oversized packages are also excluded for 3, 2, and next day shipping. Items that are shipped freight are also excluded. Because we have many different warehouses around the United States we reserve the right to choose the carrier. Signature service can be requested for $3 extra.
We speak French, German, and Italian!
Please use the shipping calculator for an accurate shipping quote.
We ship via DHL International and USPS. Shipping insurance is optional but recommended and costs $5 for all international orders. Items that can fit in a flat rate envelope are shipped via flat rate service. Please keep in mind that USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail does not include detailed tracking and is not covered by insurance to certain countries. For a list of these countries please email us.
International order processing takes approx. 3-5 business days.
Many countries impose their own customs, duties, tariffs, taxes, etc... on items imported from the USA. We do not cover those costs.
The shipping transit times are approx. as follow:
|DHL International Economy:
||5-7 business days (trackable)
|USPS Express (EMS) Mail:
||1-2 weeks (trackable)
|USPS Global Priority Mail:
||2-3 weeks, (trackable)
|USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail:
||4-5 weeks (not trackable)